วันเสาร์ที่ 12 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2554

Adjective clause:

Adjective clause or Relative clause is a dependent clause that modifies noune.

Structure

Noun + Adj clause + Subject + Verb
Noun + Adj clause + Verb

 * The girl whom you are talking to looks freindly and attractive.
 * He is talking about the girl who looks freindly and attractive.


Who
Who is a relative pronoun functioning as a subject.

### Structure:

Noun + who + verb
* The children are good. The children obey their parents.
----> The children who obey their parents are good.

* I saw a boy at  the concert last night. A boy looked like Ken.
-----> I saw a boy who looked like Ken at the concert last night.

*I have a friend. A freind ca speak three languages.
----> Ihave a friend who can speak three languages.

Whom
Whom is a relative pronoun and  it's an object of sentence.

Structure
Noun+ whom + subject + verb
Noun + whom + subject + verb + preposition
Noun + preposition + whom + subject + verb

The woman is my mother. You saw the woman yesterday morning.
- The woman whom you saw the woman yesterday morning is my mother.

The man gave me a bonus. I work for the man.
- The man whom I work for gave me a bonus.

This is the advisor. I must discuss with the advisor for the exam.
This is the advisor. I must discuss with the advisor for the exam

Kannika is the girl. I fall in love with the girl.
- Kannika is the girl with whom I fall in love.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น